- RSS Channel Showcase 2075700
- RSS Channel Showcase 8169447
- RSS Channel Showcase 7157297
- RSS Channel Showcase 1801355
Articles on this Page
- 01/30/12--14:00: _Dissolving or Modif...
- 04/21/12--09:18: _New Hobbs in town
- 05/07/12--14:41: _Mother's Day is com...
- 05/24/12--12:37: _Step-parents
- 06/19/12--11:07: _Phone Calls
- 08/13/12--13:59: _Back to School
- 09/10/12--10:30: _Durational Alimony
- 09/25/12--08:33: _Stalking - 2012 Flo...
- 09/27/12--14:02: _Community Outreach ...
- 11/06/12--07:36: _Election Day
- 11/27/12--13:43: _Thanksgiving
- 12/05/12--08:05: _New Orlando Attorne...
- 01/01/13--12:21: _Happy Holidays and ...
- 01/03/13--10:53: _FAMILY MATTERS SEMI...
- 01/25/13--06:27: _GPS for DVI Defendants
- 01/30/12--14:00: Dissolving or Modifying a Domestic Violence Injunction
- 04/21/12--09:18: New Hobbs in town
- 05/07/12--14:41: Mother's Day is coming up
- 05/24/12--12:37: Step-parents
- 06/19/12--11:07: Phone Calls
- 08/13/12--13:59: Back to School
- 09/10/12--10:30: Durational Alimony
- 09/25/12--08:33: Stalking - 2012 Florida Statutes
- 09/27/12--14:02: Community Outreach - Thanksgiving
- 11/06/12--07:36: Election Day
- 11/27/12--13:43: Thanksgiving
- 12/05/12--08:05: New Orlando Attorney!! Erin Duncan, Esquire
- 01/01/13--12:21: Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
- 01/03/13--10:53: FAMILY MATTERS SEMINAR - FREE to attend
- 01/25/13--06:27: GPS for DVI Defendants
There is caselaw that is on point directing the Moving party to dissolve or modify a permanent domestic violence injunction to show that there has been a substantial change in circumstance (i.e., the conditions of the injunction are no longer present). Make sure that there have been no violations...
On February 10, 2012 at 10 p.m. we welcomed a baby girl into the Hobbs family. I returned to work on April 2, 2012 and the cases keep pouring in. We currently have several trials scheduled over the next few months and we are moving cases along quite well. It feels great to be back at work doing...
Mother's day is around the corner (and then Father's Day is fast approaching). I recommend to all my clients that they should consider giving a Mother's Day gift/card to the mother of their children (as long as there isn't a no contact order/injunction in place) from the children. This shows a...
Recently I have had several conversations with people about what their children should call the step-parent. In Florida, the courts are pretty uniform on the practice of discouraging parents to encourage or allow their children to call a boyfriend/girlfriend or step-parent "mommy" or "daddy". ...
When you are going through a family law proceeding it is a very good idea to encourage the children to have ongoing contact with the other parent. So long as there are NO domestic violence injunction requirements or other court ordered restrictions, the parent with the children should place a call...
August is usually the time when children are going back to school. It is crucial to discuss with your spouse or ex-spouse what items each of you is going to provide for the children and/or how you will divide up the cost of back to school shopping. There traditionally is a Meet the Teacher day...
On August 15, 2012 the 4th DCA filed an opinion (not final until disposition of timely filed motion for rehearing) in Nousari v. Nousari. The opinion specifically addressed the matter of durational alimony in Florida in relation to the 2010 amendments to section 61.08.
The marriage was...
There is a new Stalking statute - 784.0485
This new statute gives a person who is a victim of stalking or the parent or legal guardian of a minor child who is living at home the ability to seek an injunction for protection against stalking. There is no minimum requirement of residency to...
Ayo & Iken, PLC is providing complimentary 1/2 hour initial consultations for the months of October and November 2012 with a donation of a canned food item. We will be collecting canned goods to donate to local shelters in Orlando, Tampa and New Port Richey. This is just one way that we can unite...
Today is Election Day - such an important day for Americans. Make sure to get out and vote to honor those that have fought for our freedom to have this special opportunity.
Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I am now taking cases (family, Domestic Violence, Criminal and DOR) in Tampa (Hillsborough County) and Polk County. If you need a divorce attorney or criminal defense attorney along the I-4 corridor please contact me for a free 1/2 hour consultation in...
Recently, Attorney Erin Duncan joined Ayo & Iken, PLC as our newest associate in the Orlando office. Ms. Duncan has many years of experience handling family law cases, DOR child support, domestic violence and criminal matters. Ms. Duncan is familiar and has cases in the following counties:...
The Orlando office of Ayo & Iken, PLC would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Please remember - we are currently offering FREE 1/2 hour consultations at the Orlando, Lakeland, and Tampa offices.
We are sponsoring a Family Law Seminar in the Orlando area on the following dates and at the following locations:
Group Seminar - International Drive
January 19, 2013 at 10 a.m.
located at: Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
8600 Austrian Court, Orlando, Florida 32819
The Judicial Relations Committee has announced a Major Change for the Domestic Violence Division commencing the week of February 11, 2013. The Judges will be evaluating the need for respondents to have GPS monitors on a case by case basis. Initially there will be a "trial" period for determining...